Why this privacy statement?DVS Seamtech BV attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy and personal data. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the Privacy Act and other relevant applicable legal requirements. Any reference in this Privacy Statement to the Privacy Act is a reference to the Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data. Any reference to the Regulation is a reference to the Regulation of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
1. Who processes the personal data?dvs-seamtech.be is an initiative of: DVS Seamtech BV
Max Temmermanlaan 28
Phone: +32 468 16 80 64 / +32 486 05 41 33
2. What personal data are processed?DVS Seamtech BV commits itself to process only the data that is relevant and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Following categories of personal data can be processed by DVS Seamtech BV:
- Identifying information
- Financial details
- Personal characteristics
- Physical data
- Living habits
- Psychological data
- Composition of the family
- Leisure activities and interests
- Judicial data
- Consumption habits
- Housing features
- Data on education and training
- Details of profession and occupation
- State registry number and social security identification number
- Racial or ethnic data
- Data on sexual life
- Political views
- Philosophical or religious beliefs
- Image capture
- Sound recordings
3. For what purposes are my personal data used?DVS Seamtech BV collects personally identifiable information to provide you with a safe, optimal and personalized user experience. The collection of personal data becomes more extensive as you intensively use the platform/website/application and our online services. Data processing is essential for the operation of the platform/website/application and its services. The processing is done only for the following specified purposes:
- Giving you access to your user profile.
- Providing and improving a general and personalized service; including billing purposes, offering information, newsletters and offers that are useful and/or necessary for you, obtaining and processing user reviews and providing support.
- Providing and improving the products provided; person-centered and specific products based on information and data provided.
- The detection of and protection against fraud, error and/or criminal conduct.
- Marketing purposes
5. What are my rights?5.1 Guarantee of lawful and secure processing of personal data DVS Seamtech BV will always process your personal data fairly and lawfully. This includes the following guarantees:
- Personal data is processed only in accordance with the defined and legitimate purposes of this Privacy Statement.
- Personal data is only processed to the extent that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Personal data will be retained only as long as necessary to fulfill the defined and legitimate purposes in this Privacy Statement.
5.2 Right to access/correct/delete your personal dataUpon proof of your identity as a User, you have a right to obtain from DVS Seamtech BV confirmation as to whether or not your personal data are being processed. Where DVS Seamtech BV processes your data, you also have the right to access the personal data collected. If you wish to exercise your right of access, DVS Seamtech BV will comply with your request within one (1) month after receipt of the request. The request can be done by registered mail or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Inaccurate or incomplete personal data can always be corrected. It is up to the User to correct inaccuracies and incompleteness in the first place. You can exercise your right to correction by providing DVS Seamtech BV with an additional statement. DVS Seamtech BV will comply with such request within one (1) month after receipt of the additional statement. You also have the right to have your personal data deleted by us without unreasonable delay. You can only invoke this right to be forgotten in the following cases:
- When the personal data is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was originally collected;
- When the personal data was collected on the basis of obtained consent and no other legal basis exists for the processing;
- Where an objection is made to the processing and there are no overriding compelling legitimate grounds for the processing;
- When the personal data was unlawfully processed;
- When the personal data must be deleted in accordance with a legal obligation.
5.3 Right to restrict/object to the processing of your personal dataUser has the right to obtain a restriction on the processing of your personal data:
- During the period necessary for DVS Seamtech BV to verify the accuracy of the personal data, in case of dispute;
- When the data processing is unlawful and User requests the restriction of the processing instead of the erasure of the personal data;
- When DVS Seamtech BV no longer needs User's personal data for the processing purposes and User needs the personal data regarding a legal claim;
- During the period necessary for DVS Seamtech BV to assess the presence of the grounds for deletion of personal data.